How To Hand Wash Silk At Home
Roselilys offers the delicate range of silk pillowcase,silk nightwear,silk comforter,silk pillows,silk sheets,silk bedding sets in different colours and free custom size personalized design.
Handwashing is always the best and safest method for washing particularly delicate items like silk. (some may prefer DRY CLEAN).
1. Fill a basin with <= lukewarm water 30℃/86°F.
2. Add a few drops of special detergent for the silk delicates.
3. Let the garment soak for three minutes.
4. Agitate the delicates around in the water.
5. Rinse the silk item <= lukewarm water (30℃/86°F).
6. Use a towel to soak up water after the wash.
7. Hang the garment to dry.
Hang dry if possible; however, avoid direct sunlight exposure.
Note: For a knitted item or cashmere item, it should be laid flat to dry. A drying rack basket recommended.
How To Wash Silk In A Washing Machine
For those without the time, patience, or just physically unable to hand-wash silk, our products can withstand machine washing as well. Of course, there is more risk involved, and certain precautions must be taken to minimize them.
1. Check the fabric care label.
2. Sort the laundry.
3. Use a protective mesh bag.
4. Add the proper amount of neutral or special detergent for silk to the machine.
5. Start a delicate cycle.
6. Minimize spin time.
7. Use a towel to soak up water after the wash.
8. Hang item or lay flat to dry.
How To Wash And Care Silk Comforters and Pillows
For washable duvets or pillows, we recommend machine washing.
- And you can follow the rules above.
- To keep them warm, please don't do the laundry too often. Just air in well-circulated areas 2~3 times every month (avoid direct sunlight exposure).
For those basics that couldn't wash, always protect them with a removable and washable cover.
- You can also do spot-clean with <= lukewarm water 30°C/86°F and hang dry after spot-cleaned.
- If in need of thorough cleaning, please use professional dry clean only.
Tips: For daily maintenance, you can turn your comforter over towards the end of the bed instead of after you get up and let the fresh air or the sunshine in (if your mattress is near a window) for 10-20 minutes. It helps freshen your comforter considerably.